What is” PBS kids”?
“PBS kids” is a channel that is purely designed for the curious little champ at your home. It’s a kids’ channel, so obvious from the name, but once you see the contents offered by the channel, you will understand that it is not like any other kids channel that makes them live in a fantasy world rather than kindling the curiosity in them. You have also got games that can develop your kids’ motor skills. All of the contents in the channel are educational, but in a fun way, so that your kids enjoy all those learning.
In addition to all these perks, the contents are free to watch. Yes, you heard that right. There is not even any need for personal details like your credit card details or even your e-mail ID. Everything you would ever need is a username, password, and security question to create an account. Your username should not reveal any of your personal details. It should be more generic and something that you and your kid can easily remember.
How to add the “PBS Kids” channel on your streaming device?
“PBS Kids” is available on almost all the popular streaming services. Some of the important platforms include Roku, Firestick, Apple TV, and also you can stream it on a website or on your smartphone/tablet. This compatibility factor, along with a user-friendly interface, is an added benefit for your little champs to get the best out of the channel. Refer to the below guide to add the “PBS Kids” channel on your favorite streaming platform.
How to add and activate the “PBS kids” channel on your Roku streaming device?
You can add the “PBS Kids” channel on Roku by following the steps given below.
- Launch your Roku device.
- Proceed to update your Roku software with the latest version, if any, available.
- Go to the search bar you see on your display.
- Type “PBS kids” and hit the search button.
- Choose the one that matches more with your search result.
- When the channel opens, you will see the “channel description” on your screen.
- Right next to the channel description, you will see the “add channel” tab on your screen.
- Click on the “add channel” tab to initiate the download of the channel.
- The channel will only take a few moments to download as it packs less weight.
- After the download has finished, revert back to the home screen of your device.
- Under the list of channels on your device, search for “PBS kids” and launch it.
- After you launch the channel, you can see the activation code for the channel at your screen.
- Use a browser on your PC or smartphone to visit pbs.org/activate.
- Enter the activation code and select OK.
- Once the code verifies, you can use your existing credentials or create a new account with “PBS kids” to start streaming.
How to add and activate the “PBS kids” on Firestick?
The steps are similar in almost all the streaming devices. Use the below guide to add and activate the “PBS Kids” channel on Firestick.
- Turn ON your television and launch your Firestick channel.
- Go to the store and type in “PBS kids” to search for the channel.
- Once you hit the search button, you will see the list of results on your screen.
- Select the result that has more in common with the search input.
- After this, you will see a short description of the channel, and next to it, you will see the “download” option.
- Click on the download option to initiate the download process.
- It will only take a few moments or so to complete the download of the channel.
- Once the download is over, launch it to obtain the activation code.
- If you don’t see an activation code on your screen, go to the “Settings” option and click on “activate.”
- Now an activation code will appear on your screen.
- Use a browser on your laptop or smartphone to proceed with the activation process.
- Go to kids.pbs.org/activate to verify the activation code.
- Feed-in the activation code and select continue to proceed with the process.
- After this, you can create an account to sign in/up to the channel.